Our local parks
We have supported the Queens Green Canopy and will be planting around 11,000 trees across Stoke-on-Trent. We are calling on help from local communities including business owners, community groups and schools from across the city to plant trees on behalf of the Platinum Jubilee.
The park will be hosting a party in the park event on Thursday 2 June between 11am and 3pm.
Bring along a picnic and enjoy live music on the bandstand, football sessions lead by Engage, Archery lead by Green Door, Face painting and Balloon modelling, circus skills and Magic Shows with the famous Magical Mayhem’s Paul Brown.
There will also be jubilee themed crafting activities from our Parks team and Staffordshire Wildlife Trust, and a Union Jack themed penny farthing performer, stilt walkers and welcome committee entertainers interacting with visitors for photo opportunities.
Middleport Matters Community Trust will be hosting a Picnic in the Park on Saturday 4 June between 11am and 3pm.
The event will be taking place next to the two green spaces (old bowling greens) and next to the canal side by the playground. Come and take part in craft activities, nature/eco play, garden games, drinks and refreshments.
The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebration will take place at Longton Park on Sunday 5 June between 12 and 4pm.
The event will be an afternoon tea party with live entertainment.
Potteries Museum and Art Gallery
Lovely Jubilee: Three Centuries of Royal Commemorative Pottery (available until Sunday 8 January 2023)
From George III to Elizabeth II ceramic manufacturers here in the Potteries, and across the country, have produced objects celebrating the nation’s longest reigning monarchs.
To celebrate this year’s Queen’s Platinum Jubilee a display of royal jubilee wares, spanning three centuries, will showcase the wide variety of ceramic memorabilia made to commemorate some of the most significant royal events in British history.
- A Coronation Catwalk will be held at Potteries Museum and Art Gallery on Sunday 29 May. Celebrate the Queen’s Jubilee in style with Meridith Towne as she plans her outfit for the Coronation.
Please book in advance by calling 01782 232323 or email [email protected].
- The Great British Garden Party will be held at Potteries Museum and Art Gallery on Sunday 5 June. There’s nothing more British than a garden party! Join our patriotic pair, and a very special royal guest as we enjoy a quintessentially British party. With comedy, slapstick, audience interaction and games, this is a family show that will have everyone from 6 to 96 joining in the fun. Hosted by John Bull and friends, with a special appearance by a Beefeater with a difference this will be the party of the year…and EVERYONE’S INVITED! Free shows at 11.30am, 1.30pm and 3pm. Please bring along your own picnic, weather permitting.
Come and join us for FREE.
- Friday Twilight – D-Day Darlings Jubilee Celebration Show will be held at Potteries Museum and Art Gallery on Friday 24 June between 7:30pm and 9:30pm. Following on from their huge success on Britain’s Got Talent and their “VE Day 75 Celebration Edition album “I’ll Remember You” with Sony Music, charting at number 5 in the official UK album charts, the Darlings have taken the country by storm and have fast become the nations’ sweethearts. Their brand-new show, in tribute to Her Majesty The Queen, is a song and dance extravaganza for all generations to enjoy, all ending with an explosive jubilee finale.
Please book in advance by calling 01782 232323 or email [email protected].
- Stoke-on-Trent City Archives’ Platinum Jubilee Celebration – Visit the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery between Wednesday 25 May and Wednesday 8 June to see a display of royal themed items from the collections of Stoke-on-Trent Archives. Celebrating events from just before Queen Elizabeth II’s coronation to her visit to the 16th/5th The Queen’s Royal Lancers at Shugborough in 1973.
Gladstone Pottery Museum
A Victorian Street Party will be held at Gladstone Potteries Museum on Saturday 4 June between 10am – 4pm.
Join us for a street party on the cobbles with Queen Victoria as guest of honour. Visitors will be able to see some Victorian artefacts and discover more about her reign. Children are invited to come along in Victorian costume with the Queen acting as judge for the best dressed.
Listen to tales of Victorian Raptors in a series of presentations with live birds of prey with Raphael Falconry. Hear about the things Victorians discovered and witnessed about birds during their adventures around the empire. So, while the industrial revolution was in full swing, so was the expansion of natural science. They will touch on extinction, evolution, classification, fascinating finds, experiments….and some great stories including a tale about Queen Victoria herself.
Free with museum admission. Small charge for craft activity and street party refreshments.
Come along to Stoke-on-Trent Libraries as we celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee with our very youngest members. Families with babies and toddlers will be welcomed to the library to join us as we share some wonderful Jubilee-themed songs and rhymes. Every child that attends one of our special Jubilee Singing Bears activities will receive a paper crown to wear and take home and a certificate.
Dates will be:
- Monday 23 May – Stoke Library – 10.30am
- Wednesday 25 May – Meir Library – 10am
- Thursday 26 May – City Central Library – 11am
- Friday 27 May – Bentilee Library and Meir Library – 10am
- Monday 30 May – Tunstall Library – 10.30am
- Tuesday 31 May – Longton Library – 10am
Join us in Stoke-on-Trent Libraries as we celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. We’ll be sharing some special stories featuring our marvellous Monarch and becoming reading royalty as we make our own crowns!
- Saturday 21 May – Bentilee Library – 11am
- Saturday 28 May – Stoke Library – 11am
- Saturday 28 May – Longton Library – 11am
- Saturday 4 June – City Central Library – 11am
We also have the following Saturday activity session:
Saturday 4 June, Stoke Library will run a Jubilee themed Lego session (Castle and Crowns). This will start at 11am.
Teddy Bears picnics
If you go down to the library today you’re in for a big surprise! We’re inviting our youngest library visitors to come along to one of our fabulous Teddy Bears Picnics to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. We’ll be sharing songs, rhymes and music to get everyone singing along.
And we wouldn’t want our best cuddly friends to miss out, so we’d love you to bring your teddy bears (or any other cuddly toys you might like to snuggle with) along to celebrate as well!
- Monday 30 May – Stoke Library – 10.30am
- Wednesday 1 June – Meir Library – 10am
Join us for the ultimate family party to celebrate Her Majesty’s Platinum Jubilee. We’ve got family entertainment, inflatables and games galore along with a Circus Skills Workshop, the amazing Project Doughut and Wish Upon a Princess.
- Date: 4th June 2022
- Location: Stoke Indoor Market South Wolfe Street, Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 1
- Time: 09:00 – 13:00
- Cost: Free
There will be inflatables, circus events, live entertainment, FREE facepainting and games. There will also be a barbecue and traditional fish and chips and ice cream.
Location: Stoke Indoor Market, South Wolfe Street, ST4 4AD
Longton Victorian Market will be celebrating the Jubilee entertainment and events. Across the Jubilee weekend there will be a Jubilee raffle and stalls where children can make FREE crowns and Beefeaters.
- Friday 3 June 11am – 1pm – Ukelele band and singing
- Friday 3 June and Saturday 4 June – Nibble’s cafe will be serving afternoon tea.
Fenton Outdoor Market have a children’s entertainer who will be face painting, balloon modelling and more on Thursday 2 June.
Tunstall Market have free fun planed through Jubilee Week with a trail around the Market to find Crowns and a free event Friday 3 June with a children’s entertainer and face painting.
A thanksgiving service will be held at Stoke Minster Church on Tuesday 31 May 2022 from 6 – 7.30pm. Residents are invited to Stoke Minster for the service taken by The Revd Canon Andrew Wickens.
Lord Mayor Jubilee Afternoon Tea
An afternoon tea party will be taking place at the Kings Hall on Tuesday 31 May 2022 from 2 – 4pm.
Applications have now closed. If you are successful, you will receive a letter or email including your invitation to attend.
Lighting of the Jubilee Beacon (private event)
The lighting will place take place at Park Hall on Thursday 2 June at 9:45pm. The beacon will be lit for an hour.
Platinum Jubilee Dance Through The Decades
Stoke-on-Trent City Centre BID and joining partnership with Appetite to delivery Dancing Through The Decades.
The celebration will be running from Friday 3 June to Saturday 4 June and DJ’s will be playing music across a number of areas in the city.
Growthpoint Open Day
An open day will be held at Cauldon and District allotments to celebrate the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee. There will be a barbeque, refreshments, craft and plant stores and DJ/music group.
The celebrations will be taking place on Wednesday 1 June from 10am – 2.30pm and if you wish to attend please contact Tracy Podmore on 01782 232089.
Parking is available on Stoke Rep Theatre (free of charge) or pay and display on Staffordshire University.
Staffordshire Jubilee Garden Party County Show 2022
The HM Lord-Lieutenant will be hosting a Platinum Jubilee Garden Party on Wednesday 1 June at the County Showground. The event will be taking place from 2-4pm where afternoon tea will be served. During the event, there will also be a 45 minute ‘Parade’ where representative groups will be introduced to spectators.
The garden party will be by invitation only.
The Staffordshire County Show
The show will be taking place on Wednesday 1 and Thursday 2 June. There will be a busy event programme with Monster Trucks, Show Jumping, the Parade of Hounds and more. Times for each day are as follows:
- Wednesday: 8am – 8pm
- Thursday: 8am – 6pm
Advance tickets go on sale from Friday 1 April with the price to be announced shortly. The tickets can be printed at home or download to your phone.
Information via Stoke on Trent City Council