The Met Office has updated its reports regarding snow, and issued a yellow warning for some areas. If your traveling “up north” over Christmas then take note that some places are expected to get snow on boxing day.
According to current reports we can expect to see snow on 26th December 2021 in the following areas :-
- Central, Tayside & Fife: Clackmannanshire, Falkirk, Perth and Kinross, and Stirling
- North East England: Durham and Northumberland
- North West England: Cumbria and Lancashire
- South West Scotland, Lothian Borders: Dumfries and Galloway, Midlothian Council, Scottish Borders and West Lothian
- Strathclyde: Argyll and Bute, East Ayrshire, East Dunbartonshire, North Lanarkshire, South Lanarkshire, West Dunbartonshire
- Yorkshire & Humber: North Yorkshire and West Yorkshire
The yellow weather warning is in place between 12.15am to 12pm on Sunday December 26th 2021.
The extent of snowfall is uncertain at this stage, so it will be particularly worthwhile keeping up to date with the forecast.