Tier 4 = Stay at Home
Staffordshire and Stoke-on-Trent (East Staffordshire, Stafford, South Staffordshire, Cannock Chase, Lichfield, Staffordshire Moorlands, Newcastle under Lyme, Tamworth, Stoke-on-Trent) will be moving to Tier 4 from Thursday 31st December 2020.
If you live in a Tier 4 area, you must follow the rules. This means that you cannot leave or be outside of the place you are living unless you have a reasonable excuse. You cannot meet other people indoors, including over the Christmas and New Year period, unless you live with them, or they are part of your support bubble. Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another household.
If you live in Tier 4 you must not leave or be outside of your home or garden except where you have a ‘reasonable excuse’. A reasonable excuse includes :-
- Pubs, bars and restaurants can only serve takeaway
- Hotels must close their doors
- Indoor gyms and leisure centres must close
- Personal care services and non-essential retail must close
- People living in Tier 4 cannot bubble with other households over Christmas
- Residents should stay at home as much as possible
- Residents should not enter or leave Tier 4 areas unless for essential reasons
- Residents from Tier 4 areas should not stay overnight in other areas
- They cannot go abroad apart from “limited exceptions” such as work
- People should work from home if they can
- Communal worship may continue
- Weddings and civil partnerships can only take place in exceptional circumstances, with a limit of six attendees.
For further details on Tier 4 visit – https://www.gov.uk/guidance/tier-4-stay-at-home